Texas Children Hospital Feigin Vertical Expansion Project
BSCI, Inc. was contracted by Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) to provide construction project management services for Feigin Center’s state-of-the-art research facility for more than 120 researchers from Texas Children’s and Baylor College of Medicine. The project consists of a vertical expansion of eight floors and 206,000 square feet of space, to an existing 12 story research and office building. The project includes a 2 story Vivarium Imaging Suite addition of approximately 6,000 square feet.
Other additions are to include minor interior renovation of the existing Vivarium on Level 1 and related interior renovations
at Level 2. BSCI provided construction administration (CA) services and Project Management Services to TCH during the construction of the shell, core and interior build-out of the work, along with assistance in occupancy phase activities. The construction value was 4 million dollars and the project was successfully completed in June 2009.
Scope of Work Included:
- Provide sufficient personnel and management to carry out the rerequirements of TCH’s instrest.
- Assistance in preparation and issurances of Requests for Proposals as directed by TCH.
- Expedite the resoulution of technical problems and field conflicts. Observe tests required by Contract Documents.
- Monitor the contractor’s construction schedules on an ongoing basis and alert TCH to conditions that may lead to delays in completion of the work.
- Participate in proposal requests and review all change orders, advising TCH with respect to their validity and the potential impact on the project schedule.
- Review all cost saving propsals of Project contractor, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Periodically monitor the commissioning of the utilities, operations of systems and equipment, initial start-up, and testing by Project Contractor.
- Assist Architect with warranties and similar submittals required for delivery to TCH. Coordinate delivery of all keys, manuals, record drawings and maintenance stock to TCH.
- Project Value: $ 40 Million
- Jack Thornton, RA TCH
6621 Fannin Street Houston, Texas
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org