Kirby Drive Relief Storm Sewer Phase 2
In July 2009, BSCI, Inc. was awarded a Construction Management contract with the City of Houston’s Public Works and Engineering Department. .BSCI teamed with United Engineers, Infrastructure Associates, Inc. and SES Horizon Consulting Engineers to provide construction management and inspections services. This is a storm sewer relief project located west of Kirby drive, east of River Oaks Blvd and south bound on Inwood Drive within the River Oaks Community. The construction cost of this project is $10,923,847. The scheduled completion date is
SCOPE OF SERVICES FOR PROJECT:
- Construction of 27, 21 and 31 foot wide paving with 8 inch thick concrete pavement.
- Construction of asphalt transition pavements at intersecting streets
- Construction of 6 inch thick live stabilization subgrade
- Construction of 24 inch mch to 96 mch rcp pipes, with over 200 ln ft. 84” inch storm sewer pipe jacked tunnels including inlets, manholes and junction boxes.
- Construction of 4-1/2 inch concrete sidewalk and wheelchair ramps and 6” concrete driveways.
- Construction of 6, 9, 10, 15, and 21 inch sanitary waste sewer lines with various construction methods by open cut, auguring, and pipe burst the existing pipes, including manholes and reconnecting the existing service lines.
- Construction of 8-inch waterline with open cut and auguring on Bellmeade Road from Ella Lee Lane to Westheimer Road including the fire hydrants and different size of valves.
- Project Value: $ 10.9 million
- JoAnne Kamman, P.E.
City of Houston, PW&E 611 Walker, 17th Floor Houston, Texas 77002