Katy-Ft Bend County Road- Metro Transit Authority
In 2010, BSCI, Inc. was issued a work authorization for Construction Management and inspection services contract by Harris County Metropolitan Transit Authority. BSCI is the prime ontractor for this work authorization. BSCI will provide construction management and inspections services. MDBE subconsultants include ESPA Corp, MDA, Inc. and Gunder Inc. The project is located on an existing Harris County-maintained 2-lane undivided asphalt roadway with open drainage ditches. The road will be reconstructed to a 4-lane divided concrete boulevard section with underground water and storm drainage lines from IH-10 to Colonial Parkway- a distance of approximately 0.625 miles.
SCOPE OF SERVICES PROVIDED ON PROJECT: CM AND INSPECTION
- Providing daily reporting of progress of construction to ensure compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Conduct bi-weekly progress meetings.
- Review and approve product submittals.
- Process contractor’s pay estimates.
- Review and respond to RFI’s and Change Orders.
- Address citizen complaints and concerns.
- Resolve utility conflicts that impede construction activity through inter-agency coordination.
- Monitor lab testing of materials and samples.
- Ensure work is done in accordance to OSHA safety procedures
- Project Value: $2,932,296.40
- Mike McCoy,P.E. Metro Project Manager
1900 Main Houston, Texas 77002